SPRUCETON INN ARTIST RESIDENCY
APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE HERE NEXT FALL
The short version: A handful of artists. One week each. Free stay. No strings attached.
The little bit longer version: Every fall we accept applications online from writers and 2D artists, about seven of whom will be awarded a no-cost, week-long, solo Artist Residency here at the Inn between January and March. We do not require that you produce anything in particular or show us anything when you're here. That said, one of favorite parts of this Residency is spending time with the Artists at the Bar and learning about what they're up to!
A few requirements/details for applications for Winter 2018 (NOW CLOSED):
- Writers and 2D visual artists only.
- Writers, please submit a writing sample under 1,000 words in the appropriate field below.
- Visual artists, please submit a link to your website in the appropriate field below. Don't have one? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Artist Residency Application 2018" with a MAXIMUM OF THREE IMAGES.
- We do not accept collaborations.
- Must be 21 + yrs old.
- Applications close at 11:59pm on Saturday, September 30th.
- Residents are announced online here on Friday, October 20th.
- Residents receive a no-cost, seven night stay in one of our Kitchenette rooms between January and March. We do our best to not have any Residents' stays overlap. Scheduling your Residency is on a first-come, first-serve basis once the announcement is made.
- The Inn does NOT provide meals or transportation. We highly recommend access to a car! (See more about our remote location/transportation here.)
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018 ARTIST residents!
Chloe Caldwell, writer / Georgia Clark, writer / Jen Doll, writer / Ian Frisch, writer / John Gall, collage artist and designer / Danielle Jackson, writer / Josephine Livingstone, writer / Matthew Puccini, writer and director / Rajat Singh, writer / Grant Snider, cartoonist / Jillian Steinhauer, writer and editor / Dasha Tolstikova, illustrator
Sari Botton, writer and editor / Esther Levy Chehebar, writer / Jess Keefe, writer / Zacharia Ohora, kids' book writer and illustrator / Margeaux Weisman, writer and editor / Sarah Williamson, illustrator / Sarah Wilmer, photographer / Ping Zhu, illustrator
Allison Burtch, writer and conceptual artist / Alana Chernila, cookbook writer / Stephanie Danler, writer / Celia Gerard, visual artist / Alyssa Leanne Hoppe, painter and stylist / Sarah Jacoby, illustrator