SPRUCETON INN ARTIST RESIDENCY
Now accepting APPLICATIONS FOR WINTER 2019!
The short version: A handful of artists. One week each. Free stay. No strings attached.
The little bit longer version: Every fall we accept applications online from writers and 2D artists, about seven of whom will be awarded a no-cost, 5 day, solo Artist Residency here at the Inn between January and March. We do not require that you produce anything in particular or show us your work when you're here. That said, one of favorite parts of this Residency is spending time with the Artists at the bar in Room One and learning about what they're up to. We've had 32 artists stay with us over the past four winters. We cannot wait to host more!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject line: Artist Residency 2019
- Your FULL NAME.
- A less than 200 word answer to the question: WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO WORK ON AS AN ARTIST RESIDENT AT THE INN?
- For writers: a less than 1,000 word WRITING SAMPLE PASTED IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL. For visual artists, A LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE(S) AND/OR A MAXIMUM OF THREE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THE EMAIL.
- Writers and 2D visual artists only.
- We do not accept collaborations.
- Must be 21 + yrs old.
- Sorry, no spouses or pets as roommates during the Residency.
- Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday, September 30th.
- Residents are announced online here on Thursday, November 1st.
- Residents receive a no-cost, Sunday through Thursday night stay in one of our Kitchenette rooms between January and March. We do our best to not have any Residents' stays overlap. Scheduling your Residency is on a first-come, first-serve basis once the announcement is made. Friday and Saturday night stays can be added at a discounted rate.
- The Inn does NOT provide meals or transportation. We highly recommend access to a car! (See more about our remote location/transportation here.)
Chloe Caldwell, writer / Georgia Clark, writer / Jen Doll, writer / Ian Frisch, writer / John Gall, collage artist and designer / Danielle Jackson, writer / Josephine Livingstone, writer / Matthew Puccini, writer and director / Rajat Singh, writer / Grant Snider, cartoonist / Jillian Steinhauer, writer and editor / Dasha Tolstikova, illustrator
Sari Botton, writer and editor / Esther Levy Chehebar, writer / Jess Keefe, writer / Zacharia Ohora, kids' book writer and illustrator / Margeaux Weisman, writer and editor / Sarah Williamson, illustrator / Sarah Wilmer, photographer / Ping Zhu, illustrator
Allison Burtch, writer and conceptual artist / Alana Chernila, cookbook writer / Stephanie Danler, writer / Celia Gerard, visual artist / Alyssa Leanne Hoppe, painter and stylist / Sarah Jacoby, illustrator