weddings at the spruceton inn
Rustic. Chic. FUN.
Congrats!! And thank you so much for thinking of us for your Catskills wedding!
Below you'll find details about weddings here at the Inn. Take a look and don't hesitate to write (email@example.com) or call (518-989-6404) with ANY questions and/or to set up a visit to come see the venue in person.
We juuuuust finished the restoration of our 1800s post and beam barn and will be updating this page with more pictures of the space, so check back in with us again soon!
If your wedding situation is unique and not covered in our details below (Eloping with just five people? Having a Jewish ceremony on a Sunday? 70s disco themed Thursday brunch?) reach out and tell us more and hopefully we can still accommodate you!
And this should go without saying but we'll say it loud and clear anyway: anyone and everyone is more than welcome to be married here!
details for 2019:
- Our available 2019 weekend dates are between June 1st and October 6th, excluding holidays and September 28th.
- When you book the Inn for a wedding, you are booking private access to our eight acre property from Friday 3pm through Sunday 1pm. Our Front Desk and Bar in Room One, usually open to the public, is available exclusively for your guests Friday 3pm to 11pm, Saturday 8:30am to Ceremony start, Sunday 8:30am to 1pm. If you wish to BYOB for your guests during any of these hours, that can be arranged for a corkage fee. We are also happy to alter these hours to fit with your desired schedule if feasible!
- We have a maximum capacity of 100-125 guests for our wedding ceremonies and receptions depending on the exact location of your festivities, your furniture etc.
- We have 9 rooms on site; 6 Kitchenettes and 3 Standards. Each room has just one queen size bed, though we also have two twin size cots we can roll in one at a time to any room. This means our normal overnight capacity is 18, maximum is 20. There is a two night minimum. Your wedding package can either include all of the rooms for two nights OR rooms can be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards. See below under "RATES" for package pricing differences.
- There are plenty of other hotels and rental cabins to house your other guests within a twenty-five minute drive of the Inn. We'll be happy to point you in their direction. So sorry to say there is unfortunately no camping allowed on site.
- Our restored post and beam Events Barn was first built in the 1860s in the old fashioned Dutch way with hand hewn hemlock beams, and only pegs and posts without any nails. It’s 1200 square feet (30' x 40') with a 400 square foot patio that looks out on West Kill Mountain, and has a 16 foot-long outdoor bar with interior prep space that includes a three-part dish washing sink, a hand washing sink, as well as two bathrooms, and an outdoor caterers area (20' x 10' area with electricity and water hook up). We juuuuuust finished the restoration of this space and will be posting more pics soon!
- The barn is not furnished, so you will want to rent your own tables and chairs etc to suit your exact needs and style. We do not provide outdoor ceremony chairs either, although there are 5 picnic tables and 12 lounge chairs you are welcome to move about the property wherever you'd like! There are several rental options in the area. We recommend Events Unlimited and Big Top, both local, both great.
- Amplified music must end by 10pm and festivities in general should begin winding down then. Everyone (including caterers and anyone cleaning up) must be entirely out of the barn by 11pm. Sorry, it's our town's rule and we like to be good neighbors! And trust us, when the fun starts at 3 or 4pm, 10pm feels well past midnight way out here in the country! Overnight guests plus a handful of others are welcome to enjoy the rest of the grounds as late into the night as they'd like as long as they do not pose a disturbance to the neighborhood.
- We DO NOT require that you work with any vendors in particular, but here are some of our personal faves: Main Course Caterers, American Glory BBQ, Lekker, Amy's Takeaway, West Kill Brewing (for beer made right next door!), Bread Alone Bakery (cakes), Molly J. Marquand, Hops Petunia (both flowers), Events Unlimited, Big Top Rentals (both tents, furniture, dish rental etc), First Student Charter Buses, Love Me Do Photography, Forged In the North Photography, and Mr.Ok Wedding Rings!
- Parking is available on site for up to 40 cars. Bus drop offs are welcome and especially encouraged for large groups.
- Event insurance is required. We can put you in touch with a local insurance agent who can help you take care of it. Most folks' premiums wind up being between $250-$500 depending on what exactly gets covered.
- Proper event liquor license is required. Most caterers will have their own. We can also put you in touch with a local lawyer who can take care of it for you for around $250. You may BYOB for your small Friday and/or Sunday events for a corkage fee to be determined in your contract.
Includes everything listed above.
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING: $6,400
Includes everything listed above except the Inn's rooms. All 9 rooms will be held for your guests, but rather than being paid for in advance by the couple, they will be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards.