weddings at the spruceton inn
Congratulations! And thank you so much for thinking of us for the occasion.
Below you'll find some details about weddings here at the Inn. Take a look and don't hesitate to write (email@example.com) or call (518-989-6404) with any questions and/or to set up a visit with one of our Innkeepers.
Our 1800s post and beam barn is in the very final stages of restoration and we will be updating this page with pictures of the finished space as soon as possible, so check back in with us again in a few weeks.
If your wedding situation is somewhat unique and not covered in our details below (Eloping with just five people? Having a Jewish ceremony on a Sunday?) reach out and tell us more and perhaps we can still accommodate you!
And this should go without saying but we'll say it anyway: anyone and everyone is more than welcome to be married here!
details for 2019:
- Our available 2019 weekend dates are between June 1st and October 6th, excluding holidays and September 28th.
- When you book the Inn for a wedding, you are booking private access to our property from Friday 3pm through Sunday 3pm. Our Front Desk and Bar in Room One, usually open to the public, is available exclusively for your guests Friday 3pm to 11pm, Saturday 8:30am to Ceremony start, Sunday 8:30am to 3pm. If you wish to BYOB for your guests during any of these hours, that can be arranged for a corkage fee. We are also happy to alter these hours to fit with your desired schedule if feasible.
- We have a maximum capacity of 100-120 guests for our wedding ceremonies and receptions depending on the exact location of your festivities and your furniture. Friday night and Sunday morning events are capped at 50.
- We have 9 rooms on site; 6 Kitchenettes and 3 Standards. Each room has just one queen size bed, though we also have two twin size cots we can roll in one at a time to any room. This means our normal overnight capacity is 18, maximum is 20. There is a two night minimum. Your wedding package can either include all of the rooms for two nights OR rooms can be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards. See below under "RATES" for package pricing differences.
- There are plenty of other hotels and rental cabins to house your other guests within a twenty-five minute drive of the Inn. We'll be happy to point you in their direction. We're sorry to say there is no camping allowed on site.
- Our restored barn was first built in the 1860s in the old fashioned Dutch way with hand hewn hemlock beams, and only pegs and posts without any nails. It’s 1200 square feet (30' x 40') with a 400 square foot patio that looks out on West Kill Mountain, and has a 16 foot-long outdoor bar with interior prep space that includes a three-part dish washing sink, a hand washing sink, and direct access to both the patio and the barn, as well as two bathrooms, and an outdoor sheltered caterers area. We are currently in the very final stages of the restoration and will post more pictures here of the completed space ASAP. We are also happy to send you diagrams.
- The barn IS NOT FURNISHED, so you will want to rent your own tables and chairs etc to suit your exact needs. We do not provide outdoor ceremony chairs either, although there are 5 picnic tables and 12 lounge chairs you are welcome to move about the property wherever you'd like.
- Festivities in the barn must be entirely finished by 11pm at the latest, including amplified music. We recommend telling your guests and caterers 10pm.
- Overnight guests are welcome to enjoy the rest of the grounds into the night as long as they do not pose a disturbance to the neighborhood.
- We DO NOT require that you work with any vendors in particular, but here are some of our personal faves: Brushland Eating House, American Glory BBQ, Lekker, Amy's Takeaway (all Catskills-based catering), Purslane (NYC-based catering), West Kill Brewing (for beer made right next door!), Bread Alone Bakery (cakes), Molly J. Marquand, Hops Petunia (both flowers), Big Top Rentals, Events Unlimited (both tents, furniture, dish rental etc), First Student Charter Buses, Love Me Do Photography, Forged In the North Photography, and Mr.Ok Wedding Rings!
- All deliveries and pick-ups (including refuse) must take place between Friday 12pm and Sunday 3pm. Spruceton Inn staff is NOT responsible for the coordination of or to be present for any deliveries or pick-ups.
- Parking is available on site for up to 40 cars. Bus drop offs are welcome and especially encouraged for large groups.
- Event insurance is required. We can put you in touch with a local insurance agent who can help you take care of it. Most folks' premiums wind up being between $250-$500 depending on what exactly gets covered.
- Proper event liquor license is required. Most caterers will have their own. We can also put you in touch with a local lawyer who can take care of it for you for around $250. You may BYOB for your small Friday and/or Sunday events for a corkage fee to be determined in your contract.
Includes everything listed above.
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING: $9,500
Includes everything listed above except the Inn's rooms. All 9 rooms will be held for your guests, but rather than being paid for in advance by the couple, they will be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards.