WEDDINGS AT THE SPRUCETON INN
First off, CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you so much for considering the Inn for such a special occasion.
We've hosted over a dozen weddings and counting, from intimate affairs of just ten folks to one hundred and twenty person parties! We are EXTRA thrilled about our 2018 season because we will be unveiling our lovingly restored 1800s barn.
Btw, it should go without saying, but we'll say it anyway: anyone and everyone is welcome to get married here!
quick glance at what we offer
When you book your wedding at the Spruceton Inn, you're booking exclusive access from 3pm Friday through 1pm Sunday to our 8 acres of land, our 9 room Inn, and our 1200 square foot renovated barn. Maximum capacity for overnight guests is our usual 20, maximum capacity for Ceremony and Reception guests is 120.
Below you'll find more details about exactly what we are offering for 2018. Take a look, then feel free to give us a shout with any questions you might have and/or to set up a visit with one of our Innkeepers.
Interested in 2019? We will be releasing those dates and rates in early 2018 once our barn restoration is complete. Join our mailing list to be one of the first to know.
You are welcome to schedule your wedding weekend however you'd like. Below is the typical itinerary we have found works well.
Check-in officially begins at 3pm, though organizers are welcome to arrive as early as 12pm to begin taking care of any set-up. Room One, our Front Desk and Bar, will be open to your guests exclusively from 3-11pm.
Want to host a welcome event? No prob! You can use any of the property's 5 fire pits and old fashioned Weber grills for a DIY cook-out, you can hire a food truck or caterer of your choice and set up in a meadow or the barn, or perhaps you want to head next door to West Kill Brewing's tap room! We're also ready to help you get an evening bonfire roaring, with complimentary s'mores supplies for 35. Bottom line, you can make yourselves at home here before the 'big day'.
Say "I do" anywhere on the grounds you'd like! Down by the creek, spread out in one of the meadows with a view of the mountains... We can show you our favorite spots. You're of course welcome use the barn, rain or shine. There's also a lovely, 1800s country church just a seven minute walk from the Inn; it no longer has a congregation, but the local association that takes care of the building can rent it to you and about 80 guests for a small fee which they determine based on availability and the size of your group.
Time to get down! Have cocktails by the pond, dinner al fresco in a meadow, then enjoy dancing in the barn, or do cocktails on the patio and dinner in the barn... It's up to you! Live music and DJs are permitted in the barn or northern meadow until 10pm, general merriment very much encouraged! Didn't get enough bonfire time Friday night? We'll happily set up another one for your "after party".
In addition to our usual complimentary Café Grumpy coffee service and Pop-Tarts served in Room One, you are welcome to bring along any other breakfast goodies you'd like for your guests at the Inn and a handful of other close family and friends to enjoy. Check out is a little later than usual at 1pm.
- Our available 2018 weekend dates are between June 1st and September 30th excluding holidays. We can hold a date for up to two weeks before going into contract. Please contact us for our current availability.
- When you book the Inn for a wedding, you are booking private access to our property from Friday 3pm through Sunday 1pm. Our Front Desk and Bar in Room One, usually open to the public, is available exclusively for your guests Friday 3pm to 11pm, Saturday 8:30am to Ceremony start, Sunday 8:30am to 1pm. If you wish to BYOB for your guests during any of these hours, that can be arranged for a corkage fee.
- We have a maximum capacity of 120 guests for our wedding Ceremonies and Receptions. Friday night and Sunday morning events are capped at 35.
- We have 9 rooms on site; 6 Kitchenettes and 3 Standards. Each room has just one queen size bed, though we also have two twin size cots we can roll in one at a time to any room. This means our normal overnight capacity is 18, maximum is 20. There is a two night minimum. Your wedding package can either include all of the rooms for two nights OR rooms can be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards. See below under "RATES" for package pricing differences.
- There are plenty of other hotels and rental cabins to house your other guests within a twenty-five minute drive of the Inn. We'll be happy to point you in their direction. We're sorry to say there is no camping allowed on site.
- Our barn is 1200 square feet (30' x 40') with a 620 square foot patio and 2 bathrooms. It was first built in the 1860s in the old fashioned Dutch way-- all hand hewn hemlock beams, just pegs and posts without any nails. We are currently restoring it to its original shape, adding indoor and outdoor electricity and light fixtures plus two bathrooms and a concrete patio that overlooks West Kill Mountain. See below for its layout and dimensions. We will be updating this page with photographs as the renovation progresses! If you want to see "before" pics, check 'em out here.
- The barn IS NOT FURNISHED, so you will want to rent your own tables and chairs etc to suit your exact needs. We do not provide outdoor Ceremony chairs either, although there are 5 picnic tables and 12 lounge chairs you are welcome to move about the property wherever you'd like. (Rental rates will depend entirely on your style and from whom you are renting, but most folks have locally rented their Ceremony chairs and Reception tables and chairs for around $600.)
- There is a graveled and covered area for caterers on the western side of the barn with access to electrical outlets. Our northern meadow also access to electrical outlets. There is NO potable water source in either location, so caterers will need to bring their own water.
- We DO NOT require that you work with any vendors in particular, but here are some of our personal faves: Brushland Eating House (catering), American Glory BBQ (catering), Lekker (catering), West Kill Brewing (for beer made right next door!), Bread Alone Bakery (cakes), Molly J. Marquand (flowers), Hops Petunia (flowers), Big Top Rentals (tents, furniture, dish rental etc), Events Unlimited (tents, furniture, dish rental etc), First Student Charter Buses, Love Me Do Photography, Forged In the North Photography, and Mr.Ok Wedding Rings!
- All deliveries and pick-ups (including refuse) must take place between Friday 12pm and Sunday 3pm. Spruceton Inn staff is NOT responsible for the coordination of or to be present for any deliveries or pick-ups.
- Parking is available on site for up to 40 cars. Bus drop offs are welcome and especially encouraged for large groups.
- Event insurance is required. We can put you in touch with a local insurance agent who can help you take care of it. Most folks' premiums wind up being between $250-$500 depending on what exactly gets covered.
- Proper event liquor license is required. Most caterers will have their own. We can also put you in touch with a local lawyer who can take care of it for you for around $250. You may BYOB for your small Friday and/or Sunday events for a corkage fee to be determined in your contract.
- Amplified music can be enjoyed in the barn or northern meadow until 10pm.
Includes everything listed above.
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING: $5,900
Includes everything listed above except the Inn's rooms. All 9 rooms will be reserved for your guests, but rather than being paid for in advance by the folks getting married, they will be paid for by the individual guests as they book for a rate of $229 per night for Kitchenettes and $219 per night for Standards.
HOW TO BOOK
Shoot us an email or give us a call at 518-989-6404 and we can confirm our availability, answer any questions you might have, schedule a visit to tour the property with one of our Innkeepers, and reserve your wedding weekend!