We’re at 2080 Spruceton Road, West Kill, NY 12492. But wait! Before you plug that into your GPS keep in mind that THERE IS NO CELL OR GPS SERVICE ON THE WAY TO THE SPRUCETON INN!
That said, it’s super easy to get here. Just screenshot these directions — or better yet, print them and/or bring along with a good old fashioned map!
- Take the George Washington Bridge to the Palisades (or NJ 4 North to NJ 17 North) about 40 miles until it meets with 87 North.
- Go another 45 miles or so to Exit 19/Kingston/NY 28.
- Hop on NY 28 West towards Pine Hill for 25 miles, past Woodstock and Phoenicia.
- Take a right onto 42 at the Slide Mountain Motel (small grey building on your right).
- After 7 miles, take a right onto Spruceton Road (also known as Greene County Road 6). There’s a large spruce tree and flag pole to mark the turn. We’re 5 miles down Spruceton Road on the right.
- Arrive and relax.
We're sorry to say that there aren't very many good options. Especially because there are quite literally no places of business within walking distance of the Inn. (That's what happens when you're in the middle of the Catskills Park!) Your best bet is to take an Adirondack Trailways bus to Phoenicia (about $40 from NYC) then arrange for a local taxi to pick you up. You can try Majestic Mountain, Smiley's, or Kingston Kabs. Because this is such a rural area, they'll often charge upwards of $80 a ride, even if it's just 15 minutes.
Been convinced to rent a car instead but just hate the idea of driving through Manhattan? Take Metro North to Poughkeepsie and rent a car there. They often have better deals too!