Assistant Innkeeper. 30-ish hours per week.
Innkeepers do a little bit of everything! This position is about 50% Front Desk, Bar, and Barn time and 50% cleaning. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Checking guests in and out
- Being a local concierge
- Morning coffee service
- Afternoon and evening bar service
- Fielding Front Desk emails, phone calls, and drop ins
- Laundry of all linens (i.e. wash, dry, and fold)
- Cleaning of all 9 guest rooms
- Final preparation of all 9 guest rooms (i.e. placement of in-room materials and pre-arrival packages)
- Assisting in the cleaning of Room One our Front Desk & Bar
- Special events assistance at the Barn May through October
- Assisting in the cleaning of the Barn May through October
- Light groundskeeping (ex: help with salting the walkway during the winter, help with cleaning grills)
- Occasional off-site errands (ex: picking up citrus for the bar or charcoal for the grills)
All Monday through Thursday coffee and bar hours are applicable only if there are overnight guests on site. During any hours that fall within the bar’s open to the public hours (Friday 4-11pm, Saturday 8:30am-11pm, and Sunday 8:30am-7pm), you are required to be on site. Cleaning can take place whenever feasible in order to have the necessary amount of rooms ready for scheduled check-ins, last minute check-ins, and walk-ins; the cleaning hours below is what has worked best over the past few years. Schedule might vary a little in order to accommodate 3 day weekends, weddings, and other special events including the coverage of other Innkeepers' shifts when necessary.
WED 8:30-10:30am coffee / 10:30am-1:30pm cleaning / 4-7pm bar
THU 8:30-10:30am coffee / 4-7pm bar
FRI 8:30-10:30am coffee / 10:30am-3pm cleaning
SAT 10:30am-3pm coffee and bar / (3-5pm @ the Barn during summer and fall events)
SUN 8:30-11am coffee / 11am-3pm cleaning
- $14 per hour paid bi-weekly by direct deposit every other Friday. Taxes are automatically withheld and paid on behalf of the employee.
- Tips given to the employee are never split. Cash tips are the employee’s responsibility to report on their income tax. Tips made on credit cards are given in cash at the end of the shift.
- Workers Compensation and Disability covered.
- 2 weeks paid annual vacation (10 working days) to be requested in writing, preferably at least a month in advance. Vacation does not roll over yearly. Additional unpaid vacation can be negotiated.
- 1 week paid annual sick/personal leave (5 working days).
- 2 months paid maternity/paternity leave (40 working days). Additional leave at partial pay can be negotiated.
- Jury duty is covered at full pay for up to 1 week (5 working days).
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer housing, however we are happy to help you in your search if you are relocating!
Requirements / committment
No hospitality experience is required, though it will make you a stronger candidate. We're looking for someone who can commit, at minimum, one year. As you grow and the business grows, the position can grow as well!
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
Please email your resumé and the contact information for at least one professional recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know in a brief paragraph why this position here interests you.